Last Updated: August 7, 2020
Sunday Riley Modern Skincare, LLC understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this Site, and willonlycollect and use personal information in ways that are described here (whether or not you have an account with us), and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Registration on our Site
You must be at least the age of Majority (18 in most states of the United States; older in some jurisdictions) to register with us. Please do not provide any of your information to us if you are under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collectormaintain any PI (defined below) about anyone under age of 18, nor is this information knowingly used by us for any marketing or promotional purposes. NOTICE: Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission onprotectingchildren’s privacy online.
If we become aware that you are under the age of Majority and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the Site, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. Thismayinvolve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
- What information we collect about you and why;
- How we use information about you;
- How your information may be shared;
- How we store and process information about you;
- When and how we communicate with you;
- How long we may keep personal information about you;
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us;
- Information over the Internet and other Sites;
- Offensive or inappropriate content;
- Legal disclaimer;
- How to contact us;
- What information we collect about you and why:
- What PI Do We Collect?
We may collect two types of information: personal information (“PI”) and information that is not personal information (“Non PI”).
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, postal address, zip code, email address, and telephone number. We also acquire your Internet protocol address and/or mobile device identification, whichcertainjurisdictions consider to be PI because it could be used to identify an individual or device if it were combined with other identifying information.
- We may capture user information when users send us questions or comments via e-mail. Information collected in this manner will only be used to contact the user and/or respond to the user’s inquiry/issue. Sending us an e-mail will notenrollyou on our e-mail list unless you specifically request it.
- For purchases made on the Site, a third-party payment processor such as Authorize.net, Amazon Pay or Apple Pay may collect your name, email address, postal address, contact details and credit or debit card information. This record willbestored and processed in the United States and other countries (see further below under “How we use information about you” and “How we store and process information about you”). By making a purchase, you grant to us and to all otherpersonsand entities involved in the operation of the Site, the right to use, store, monitor, retrieve and transmit your account information in connection with the operation of the Site and as otherwise provided herein. You also agree thatsuchaccess and use of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible or liable for the content, activities or privacy policies of any third party sites. Accordingly, please refer to theirrespectiveprivacy policies.
- We generally do not request on or through the Site other information that is often considered “highly sensitive,” such as other financial account information (e.g., credit report information, bank account numbers), personalhealthinformation, or government issued identification numbers (e.g., social security number, drivers’ license number, or passport number), although we reserve the right to do so when such information is necessary to offer you certainservices.
- We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and/or encryption.Whenwe ask for sensitive information, we protect it through the use of encryption during transmission, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while westriveto protect your personal information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We may also obtain your personal information through your use of social media and/or other websites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok or LinkedIn, depending on your settings or the privacy policies ofthesewebsites. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their respective privacy notices.
- Some of the information that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some information that could be considered PI when combined with otheridentifyinginformation is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous information about other users.
- How we use information about you:
- We may use the PI we collect in the following ways:
- to contact users with updates and relevant information about our products and services because they have signed up to do so through our Site. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails or other communications from us,pleaserefer to the “How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us” Section below;
- to provide users with personalized offers, promotions, news, events and other information relevant to them because they have signed up to do so through our Site;
- to quickly process user requests for information and to allow us to respond efficiently to user questions;
- to monitor Site statistics;
- to respond to or satisfy legal requirements, such as a court order, a subpoena, or a law enforcement agency’s or other public agency’s request;
- to help prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Site, to help protect the security or integrity of our Site, or to enable us totakeprecautions against liability;
- to provide information to service providers or such companies who provide support for the operations of our Site and who do not use or disclose the information for any other purpose;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other features; and
- to allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
- How your information may be shared:
Except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties our users’ PI unless we receive their consent. That being said, in the following situations, we may share PI with outside parties:
- Subsidiaries, Site Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to our subsidiaries, third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance; thirdpartypayment processing agencies; and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service us and the Site;
- Reorganization or Sale. In the event that we merge with or become a part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, we sell all or substantially all of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, theinformationyou provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity;
- To Help Protect Minor Users of Our Site. In the event that the safety of our users is threatened, and we are able to do something about that by sharing PI with third parties, we reserve the right to do so. This may be donetoprevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Site, to help protect the security or integrity of our Site, or to enable us to takeprecautionsagainst liability;
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so;
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide with information provided by other individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you, and we may transfer thataggregatedinformation to third parties;
- We may make available services such as blogs, message boards and chat functionality to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Sitebecomespublic information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services certain personal information will be available for other users to view. We urgeyou toexercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose personal information about you, or any other information, on the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY ANY THIRD PARTY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSETHROUGHANY SUCH SERVICES OR OTHERWISE ON THE SITE; and
- With your express consent.
- How we store and process information about you:
This Site is hosted in the United States. In order to communicate with you about products, local events, offers and opportunities, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, used and processed by SRMS intheUnited States or one of our service providers based in the United States or outside of the United States. Such entities may be engaged in, among other things: (i) preparing and sending newsletters to which yousubscribe;(ii) the processing of payment details; and (iii) the provision of support services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DONOTWANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF THIS SITE.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THANTHEUNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOINGWAIVERDOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- When and how we communicate with you:
We may use the information we collect to contact you by mail, email and telephone (including automated calls, and by SMS text messages and other multimedia electronic messages such as picture messaging).
We will not send you unsolicited premium rate SMS messages (which are SMS messages you pay to receive), although your service provider may impose a charge on any messages that you receive. Please check with your service providerfordetails.
You can unsubscribe from promotional emails and other commercial communications by following the instructions contained within the communication. Please note that due to marketing production schedules you may receive any messages alreadyinproduction.
- How long we will hold personal information about you
We will hold personal information about you on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with SRMS, subject to any applicable laws and/or regulations. In thecasethat you wish to cancel your registration as a member of the Site once an account is deleted, we will not use the personal information about you other than for administrative purposes.
Where you contribute to the Site, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us:
At any time you can add or remove your name from a SRMS list by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please keep in mind that if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from this Site, we will continue to send you transactional messages andimportantaccount-related information regarding this Site or products or services offered through this Site.
Third-party advertisers on the Site may place or recognize cookies and other technologies on your browsers in connection with their advertisements for statistical purposes; we have no control over cookies placed on the Site by third parties.
- Information over the Internet and other Sites
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when information about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with information over the Internet, this will be at your own risk. Byusingthe Site, you agree and authorize us to process information in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to information about you.
- Offensive or inappropriate content
If you find any link on our Site that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly. You acknowledgethatwe have not reviewed and do not necessarily endorse the Content of sites, applications, destinations or services linked to or accessible from this Site and are not responsible for the Content or actions of any other sites,applications,destinations or services. Your linking to or accessing any other site, application, destination or service is at your sole risk.
- Legal disclaimer
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that ourperformancewill be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of yourpersonalinformation.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”)
Please click here to access SRMS’s California Specific Privacy Notice.
Shine the Light Law
- How to contact us:
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
Sunday Riley Modern Skincare, LLC
4444 Westheimer Rd, Ste G305
Houston, TX 77027
Copyright © 2020 Sunday Riley Modern Skincare, LLC. All Rights Reserved.